Brazilian State Funding Agencies, articulated by its National Council (CONFAP), are launching a call for proposals offering support to researchers based in UK Universities and Research Institutions, who are willing to work in research institutions in Brazil, in collaboration with local colleagues.
This is a great opportunity for Brazilian institutions to receive international researchers and develop important research cooperation’s bonds.
The call offers support for researchers in the UK through:
- a) Fellowships;
- b) Research Mobility Grants, and,
- c) In the case of UK young researchers aiming at working in universities and research institutes in the State of São Paulo, Brazil, this call also offer the opportunity of Young Investigator Grants comprising a scholarship plus a research funding grant.
Who may apply?
- a) The applicants must hold a PhD degree:
- a.1) Young researchers are considered to hold a PhD degree from 2 years to 7 years.
- a.2) Senior researchers must hold a PhD degree for over 7 years.
- b) The applicants must have a Brazilian-based collaborator as their co-applicant (host researcher).
- c) The applicants must hold a permanent academic post or postdoctoral fellowship/position in the UK which extends beyond the period of the requested grant;
- d) UK researchers from the natural sciences, engineering, medical sciences (including clinical or patient-oriented research), social sciences and humanities fields, are eligible to apply for support.
- e) Some FAPs may have their own Guidelines associated to this Announcement. Interested parties are advised to consult their supporting FAP before preparing a proposal.
- f) The CNPq support is directed to the mobility of British applicants to the States where the FAPs who are members of the Memorandum of Understanding signed on 22nd September 2017, however it is not mentioned as participating FAP on this activity.
- g) Proposals from the co-applicants that will request the support of CNPq must follow the rules and inform the value of the support defined by this Institution.
- h) For submissions to FAPESP the following criteria hold, according to the type of support aimed at:
- h.1) Research Fellowships: the UK researcher must be associated to a FAPESP PI (coapplicant) in charge or as a principal investigator of an ongoing grant of the following types: Thematic, Young Investigator, Engineering Research Centers, Public Policy Research, or Research, Innovation, and Diffusion of Knowledge Centres. Please note that support will be Granted through FAPESP Visiting Researcher Grants (www.fapesp.br/147).
- h.2) Researcher Mobility, support will also be through Visiting Researcher Grants (www.fapesp.br/147): there must be a host researcher (co-applicant) in the State of São Paulo, but not necessarily in charge of an ongoing FAPESP grant.
- h.3)Young Investigator Awards: the UK applicant must have a PhD or equivalent title, an outstanding research track record, and typically 2-5 years post-doctoral experience in a research group in the UK. (www.fapesp.br/en/11315) i) The application form must be filled in English and the budget detail must be informed in Brazilian Reais (R$).